1927 – 22 June, 2014. Born in Dublin. Married to Joan. After graduating from University College Dublin in 1950, Tallon worked in the Office of Public Works under Raymond McGrath. In 1956 he joinedMichael Scott's office. He became a full partner in 1958 in the firm Michael Scott and Partners which later became Scott Tallon Walker (one of the largest architectural firms in Ireland) of which he has been Chairman since the retirement of Michael Scott in 1975. An unapologetic follower of Mies, Tallon's work has been uncompromisingly modern. His two most visible works in this idiom are the RTE Radio Building and the Bank of Ireland Headquarters in Baggot Street (1968-1978) and the former P.J. Carroll's Factory (1967-69) in Dundalk, County Louth. A particular highlight was the visit of Pope John Paul 11in 1979, when Ronnie was entrusted with staging the centrepiece mass for one million people in the Phoenix Park, the largest gathering in Ireland for almost 150 years. The white cross is 35 metres (115 ft) high and was built with steel girders in the Phoenix Park.