1931 - 29 August, 2016. Educated in Blackrock College. Entered Hibernian Bank—Later Bank of Ireland in 1949. Manager in Monaghan Branch for 29 years. Chairman of the Executive council of the Friends of St Louis Missions until 2014. Very involved in the County Committee for the blind—Chairman many times . Founder Chairman of the Cavan/ Monaghan Cystic Fibrosis Society. Actively involved in Meals on Wheels until 2015. Treasurer of the Monaghan Hospital Retention Committee. An active Rotarian—President in 1975/76. Awarded the Paul Harris Fellowship in 1994. On Retirement from the Bank he offered his services – pro bono – to Bishop Duffy, having previously acted as financial adviser to both Bishop O'Callaghan and Bishop Mulligan. Worked as Financial Administrator of the Diocese of Clogher for 25 years with Bishop Duffy and later Bishop Mc Daid. Buried in Latlurcan Cemetery in Monaghan.