1893- 9 Oct 1965. From Kilcornan Co. Limerick he practised as an architect. Known locally as Chevalier Sheahan. The son of a teacher at Kilcornan National School, where he received his primary education, he later attended St Munchin's College, Limerick. With a view to becoming a Roman Catholic priest, he then entered the Pallotine College, Thurles, but was forced to abandon his studies on account of ill health. He returned to Limerick, where he taught art and mathematics at St Munchin's College and Art at the Jesuit College. An active member of Sinn Fein in his youth, he remained a keen supporter of Fianna Fail and counted Eamonn de Valera, Sean T. O'Kelly, Donnacadh O'Briain, Senator Pat Ryan and Dan Breen among his friends. He began his professional career as an architect and engineer in the office of the County Surveyor for Limerick, John Horan, and then worked for Robert De Courcy, before setting up in independent practice in 1920. He was associated with the design of churches, schools and convents on three continents, in places as far apart as St Petersburg in Florida, Africa, and in Melbourne, Australia. In the 1920’s, together with fellow-painters Michael Hartman, Eamonn O'Carroll and Michael Clancy, he also established a fine art studio on the top floor of the building in which he had his office, a venture which met with considerable success. The Shrine in Tarbert's Square is an elegant portico that was inspired by the architecture of the Florentine Renaissance. He planned the renovation and extension of St. Mary's Church, and designed the shrine in the form of an Italianate Portico or Loggia with Roman arches supported by Tuscan pillars. There are two churches in the parish of Mahoonagh, the first at Castlemahon and the second at Feohanagh. On Ascension Thursday, the 26th of May 1960, Bishop Murphy laid the foundation stone to the present Castlemahon church. Bishop Murphy opened the new church the following year in 1961. The church is dedicated to St John the Baptist. The second church in the parish of Thurles was designed by him. After much discussion it was decided to build the new Church on a 1.5 Acre site at Bohernanave. The contract price for the new church and presbytery was just short of £100,000. The church was officially opened and blessed on October 6th , 1971. He was the architect of the new campus of his alma mater, St Munchin’s. the foundation stone was laid on 28 April 1960 and the inscription includes “Patricius Sheahan, Eques S. Silvestri, designavit”. The College was officially opened in 1963, the College receiving its first students on 10 September 1962. Sheahan went into semi-retirement a few years before his death but continued to act as adviser and consultant to his nephew Thomas F. Sheahan, GCSG. He is buried in Mount St Laurence Cemetery. (References: St Munchin’s College Limerick 1796 – 1996, Fleming and O’Grady, Chev John Harrington KCSG).