1876 - 1968. Born in Cork. He served as a station master until he joined the Royal Irish Constabulary in 1898.Promoted to District Inspector he was appointed Assistant Commissioner Dublin Metropolitan Police in February and served until March 1925. It was he who handed Dublin Castle over to the Free State. In 1929 he was secretary of the stewarding committee for the Catholic Emancipation Ceremonies. He was Ireland first Peace Commissioner and a founding member and first Chairman in of the National Council for the Blind. Chairman of the Central Catholic Library and vice president of the Royal Dublin Society. He was admitted as a Knight of Malta in 1945 and was subsequently the Director of the Ambulance Corps 1955 – 1962. Buried in Deansgrange Cemetery, as are other papal knights.