1895 - 1979. Businessman and philanthropist. From Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan he was a major importer of newsprint, indeed it was said that without him Ireland would have had few newspapers in World War 11. The Devlin Dollar Foundation distributed $600,000 from its inception in 195 to its closure in 1975, the 25th jubilee year in the history of the Catholic Church centering on "renewal and reconciliation,". The fund was used to finance the erection of churches and for charitable purposes throughout the country, although predominantly expended in the Archdioceses of Dublin. Its trustees were Joe Charleton KSG, Conor Crowley KSG both accountants and lawyer Noel Peart, KSG. His charitable disbursements topped $1m when funds outside the Foundation are included. Amongst other projects funded were the provision of a mobile school for itinerants, a half share for the oratory in the Irish Embassy in Vatican City, the Church of Mary Mother of Mercy in Inniskean Co Monaghan, the Irish School of Ecumenics, a stained glass window in the Carmelite Church in Clarendon Street Dublin 2, the Cara Cheshire home for the intellectually and physically disabled, cultural scholarships for the Rathmines and Rathgar Musical Society, etc. He was the major funder for the College Chapel of Our Lady Seat of Wisdom in UCD, Belfield, at which this photograph was taken. Also funded the Oratory Church in St Vincent's Hospital, from which he was buried. A member of the Knight of St. Columbanus. Admitted as a Knight of Malta in 1961. He is buried, as many papal knights are, in Deansgrange Cemetery.