4 Aug, 1908 - 1975. Born in Drogheda. Chief Planning Officer, Dublin Corporation & Council. Resided at Windmill House, Drogheda; was awarded the BE degree by University College, Dublin, in 1932. He joined the staff of Dublin Corporation December 1932 and was attached to the City Engineer’s Department until 1938, when he was appointed assistant planning officer. Subsequently he was appointed the first planning officer for the city. In November 1953 the offices of city and county planning officer were amalgamated and he held this office under the title of Dublin planning officer. Retired August 1973. He was a member of the Council of the Royal Town Planning Institute and the Chairman of its Irish Branch. Board member of An Foras Forbartha. Retired in 1973. He was a member of the Council of the Royal Town Planning Institute and the Chairman of its Irish Branch. Board member of An Foras Forbartha. He was a Knight of St Columbanus, originally in CK32 (Drogheda) and transferred in 1939 to a Dublin Council. Died 24 January, 1975 and buried in Deansgrange cemetery like so many papal knights. References: John Charles McQuaid: Ruler of Catholic Ireland, John Cooney: O'Brien Press, and The destruction of Dublin, Frank McDonald, Gill and Macmillan, 1985.