1903 – 1976, born in Leicestershire, UK. Architect resident in Cork. Married on 26 September 1928 Mary O'Callaghan, no children. Had a brother a member of the Society of Jesus. Educated at Belvedere, Clongowes Wood and University of London. During nearly half a century in practice, he designed many major buildings throughout the country, ten new churches in the Diocese of Kerry, Church of St Bridget in the hospital in Ballinasloe and the re-opening of the Carmelite Abbey in Loughrea. He wore his uniform in Ballinasloe. In June 1938 began to practise in Cork as an architect and subsequently had an extensive practice in the south and west of Ireland. Designed Cork’s Rosary of 4 Churches and was also chosen for the new St. Michael’s in Blackrock Dun Laoghaire. A versatile architect, he had a flair for suiting his churches to their physical surroundings and landscape. Designed headquarters of the Dept of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation in Kildare Street (1939 – 1942) and various hospitals. Practice taken over by architect Brian Murphy-O’Connor. In 1963 the Knighthood was conferred upon him by the Pope for his services to ecclesiastical architecture. The petition to the Holy Father was supported by the Bishops of Cork and Clonfert. Buried in St Finbarr’s Cemetery in Cork, as are Peter Pearson Dominick Daly and Bernard Curtis, following his death 1 November.