1873 - 1965. From Williamstown Co Galway, he was principal of the advertising agency, Regent Advertising. John Higgin's previous address in London was 35 Haymarket Received the award for furthering charity in both Ireland and England. In 1957 he financed with a grant of £25,000 the erection of the Church of St. Therese in Williamstown, Co Galway, in memory of his first wife, Therese. He was from Pollynoon, Williamstown. Church capacity 620 seated. The donation is recorded on a plaque in the entrance foyer of the Church. See website williamstownparishgalway.com. The Church was blessed by the Archbishop of Tuam, Dr Walsh. The architects were Robinson, Keefe and Devance Dublin. See article on John Robinson KSG. He was conferred with Honorary Life membership of the Royal Dublin Society in 1930. During the months of June and July posters advertising the Dublin Horse Show were exhibited on the most prominent advertising poster sites in London. John owned the sites. The RDS hoardings were done at Higgins expenses. The John Higgins Memorial Perpetual Challenge Trophy was presented by the Royal Dublin Society in 1965 in memory of John Higgins K.S.G. The trophy was competed for in International Competitions from 1965 until 1977. Since 1979 it has been awarded to the winner of the Grade A Championship. In the minutes of Council for 1969 it states that his wife wrote to the Society to say that she was selling the business as since he had died she could not continue with it. Died aged 92 years at Harviston - Cunningham Road, Dalkey, Dublin. Buried in St Pancras Cemetery Camden on 26 February, 1965 with his first wife, Therese. (With acknowledgment to the staff of the Royal Dublin Society).